ANNUAL LICENSURE FEES FOR 2024
ANNUAL LICENSURE FEES FOR OPTICIANS & CONTACT LENS PRACTITIONER CATEGORIES
Licensed Optician & Contact Lens Practitioner
Non-Practicing Optician & Contact Lens Practitioner
Retired Optician & Contact Lens Practitioner
Restricted Licensed Optician
Restricted Licensed Optician & Contact Lens Practitioner
Registration and other Fees
Initial Registration Fee (one-time fee for new members or category)
Duplicate Licence Fee
Letter of Good Standing
Printed Duplicate Licence Receipt
Late Payment Fees
Licence Renewal Late Fee
Reinstatement Fee (excluding licence fee)
Members reinstating after 5 years of suspension are required to complete the Prior Learning and Recognition (PLAR) process
Students Registration Fees
Initial Student Registration Fee (one-time fee for new students or new category)
Student Licence Fee
Annual Renewal Fee
Late Renewal Fee
PLAR Fee Structure
Document Assessment Fee
Competency Gap Analysis (CGA) (for each area of practice, plus tax)
CGA Reinstatment (for each area of practice, plus tax)
- The SCO does not issue refunds for payment of licence fees.
Additional details regarding payment are noted below:
- The College accepts MasterCard or Visa, E-transfer; and Cheque/Money Orders (except Amex Card).
- The College charges additional 5% payment from MasterCard or Visa.
- Please send E-transfer payments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send payment to Saskatchewan College of Opticians at #13, 350 103rd Street East, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 1Z1.
- We charge $100.00 for insufficient fund after cheque deposit.
- The licence will be sent with tax receipts.