A brand new private practice is looking for its core staff!
Kennedy Eye Clinic is transitioning from a non-dispensing clinic to a full scope private optometry practice in June! We are building a beautiful, state of the art, brand new clinic on the east end of Saskatoon and are opening June 1st, 2020. We will be located in a multi-disciplinary building alongside other medical professionals such as a family doctor practice, physiotherapist, urgent care clinic and dentist. We are now looking to fill our core staff positions to add to our amazing family and team!
If you are outgoing, enthusiastic and want to work in a positive work environment where excellent communication and customer service skills are valued, then look no further! We are looking for one part time licensed optician and/or frame stylist for 2-3 days a week to start at the end of May. Our office hours are Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday from 9:00 AM - 5:30PM, Thursdays from 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM and Saturdays from 9:00 AM -4:00 PM. Must be available to work some evenings and weekends.
If you have any questions or want to send in a resume, please email Dr. Courtney Kennedy at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Vision is now open at the University of Saskatchewan in Place Riel.
Licensed opticians, this is your chance to work at an exciting, vibrant location right at the heart of Saskatchewan's largest university.
Enjoy a regular weekday-only schedule, with no evenings or weekends. Flexibility for time off in the summer and ten days off in December. Great for family and work-life balance.
Enjoy working with brand new equipment, excellent staff, and doctors. We are a full-scope optometry clinic with on-site lens finishing lab.
We offer a flexible schedule and both full-time and part-time positions are available; please let us know what you are looking for.
- Licensed optician in Saskatchewan
- Highly customer-service oriented, with a great, outgoing, friendly personality
- Sales focused
- Comfortable with computers and data entry
- Competitive salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Health spending account
- Life & critical illness insurance
- Subsidized transit pass or employer-paid parking pass
- Professional development / travel funding
FYi doctors is looking to hire a full-time Optician at our practices in Regina. Preference will be given to licensed or students in the field. Willing to train for the right person. This position will be at the Northgate and Victoria Square Mall locations. This team member will work a schedule of 40 hours per week, Mondays through Saturdays including occasional evenings.
Practice website here: https://fyidoctors.com/en/locations/regina/fyidoctors-regina-northgate-mall
The Optician will be responsible for the retail and repair of eyewear products as well as follow-up care. Previous optical experience will be an asset.
Join us in advancing eye health and enhancing the lives of our patients in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
How You’ll Benefit
- Comprehensive rewards package
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Rapid and continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
Educating clients about the best eyewear choices for their lifestyle
Assisting with selection of frames to suit your client's aesthetic and performance needs
Upholding excellent customer service standards using your charisma and problem solving skills
Performing repairs and adjustments to patients eyewear
Contributing to store retail sales goals.
The Successful Candidate
- Experience in an optical environment will be an asset
- Passionate about customer experience; a great communicator who can provide exceptional patient care
- Committed to excelling as a member of a high performing team
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Good computer knowledge
- Previous retail experience
Fyi doctors is an exciting entrepreneurial company that started as a small group of 30 optometrists. In just ten years, we have grown to over 450 optometrists and opened 260 locations across the country. Today, as Canada's fastest growing eye care providers, our team of respected leaders from provincial and national optometric associations bring experience, dedication, and a commitment to the values that have long been associated with optometry. From our lab to our practices to our home office, we are committed to enhancing the lives of our patients and maintaining a positive supportive environment where all our people can thrive and grow professionally and personally. Together, we proudly stand for the strength of the optometric profession and the preservation of patient care.
How to Apply
Alternatively, our careers page can be found here: https://fyidoctors.com/en/careers-page. Search Optician, and the preferred location when navigating the careers site.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contact. We politely request no telephone calls, please.
The Optical Shoppe
We are looking for a charismatic, energized team player to join our team, and advance our ability to provide world-class service for all of our customers. You will work in a fast-paced environment where exceptional customer service is not something we preach but practice daily.
We are looking for someone who finds their greatest success in a satisfied customer. You will build meaningful relationships with customers, proactively and collaboratively identifying their needs as they select frames and lenses that will become a part of their daily life.
Our employees make us who we are. Our ability to deliver outstanding customer service and create a culture of accountability is what sets us apart.
- Flexible availablility which may include some evenings and Saturdays.
- Willingness to learn new skills to ensure the best possible customer experience.
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Licensed Optician
- Strong knowledge of optical theory and merchandise
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of computers and payment processing
- Strong teamwork skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Confident and comfortable engaging customers
- Educating clients about the best eyewear choices for their lifestyle
- Informing customers of advances in corrective eyewear solutions
- Assisting with selection of frames to suit your client's aesthetic and performance needs
- Interpreting optical and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning of eyewear
- Submitting prescription eyewear requisitions to manufacturing lab
- Performing repairs and adjustments to patients' eyewear
- Arranging and maintaining retail display area
- Working with management in ordering stock
- Recommending staff requirements
- Training staff and student opticians
How you'll benefit:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to build your own team
- Continuing education and development
- Fun and inclusive work place culture
If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contact. No telephone calls please.
A Growing Optometry Clinic seeking Opticians and Optometric Assistants:
Full-time or part-time positions available in our Martensville office, Blairmore office and our Rosthern office.
Our optometry practice is growing!
In February 2019, we opened a brand new clinic on the West end of Saskatoon (Blairmore) and we are increasing our service frequency to our Rosthern clinic. Our Optician position in Rosthern will increase to five days per week in the next two years. In Martensville, we have had promotions within our organization leaving Optician positions to be filled. Scheduling allows for the choice of being considered for a position in an individual location or to work in more than one location to allow for employee scheduling flexibility.
Optician or Optometric Assistant: No previous experience required, but greatly valued. Great team atmosphere and optimal workplace employee satisfaction. One evening per week and some Saturdays are required; the current Saturday Optician schedule is one Saturday per month, 9am-2pm. Flexible work schedule - most of our team members are parents of young children so we truly understand the need for flexibility! Our organization is owned and operated by our doctors, providing a close relationship between our team members and the organization. Base wage of $15-26/hr based on qualifications, contributions, skill set and experience. Medical spending account, continued education paid and licensing costs paid. Personal and professional development is highly encouraged and is actively facilitated. Numerous staff events and staff family events - come join our work family!
Applications and Inquires shall be directed to our Office Manager, Susan Erickson, at:
(306) 651-3311 or firstname.lastname@example.org